July 26, 2017, 10:34:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, here we go again  (Read 303 times)
realbtl
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: I keep thinking of ones I left off the list so let's just say "A lot" and call it good.

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 25

« on: July 13, 2017, 02:31:49 AM »

I never really bonded with the H-D Street Bob I bought last summer.  In fact I would actively curse it every time I had to move that #640 pig around the garage.  So this morning I traded it for this.

New '16 Suzuki GSX-S1000.  ABS, traction control, the works.  Oddly enough the Harley with its chair-like riding position played hell with my bad hip but the bent up leg position of this bike doesn't.  I need to re-do the tank bag mounting over the winter.  I should have known I should watch as the young tech said "You can't mount that, it covers the gas tank".  Sigh.

I've only got a few weeks of riding before my new hip end of August but I figure I can hobble out and look at it for motivation to follow through with the physical therapy.

'86 Honda Helix
Ha! Probably something else in a bit
realbtl
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: I keep thinking of ones I left off the list so let's just say "A lot" and call it good.

Thank You

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 02:35:20 AM »

I wonder how many other old farts likewise curse the weight of their Harleys but put up with it "because it's a Harley".
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 43
-Receive: 58

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »

You're not going to start swapping out rides like Mr. Crabbypants, are you?

"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400
Morphous 250
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 38
-Receive: 210

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 05:08:39 PM »

That's a cool looking bike, but I don't think that big tank bag is going to work with it.  Give makes a couple nice small tank bags that should do the trick, although they won't hold all the stuff that big one does.  And I think the new Zook will be a lot more fun than the Harley.  So now you can ditch the leather vest with all those corny patches and pins, toss the doc-rag and fingerless gloves and chaps and put on real riding gear and go out and zoom.

Greg
realbtl
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »

Nah, he's way out of my league.  I'm trying to achieve a balance and I think I'm close; Mustang Convertible, Suzuki and Helix for summer, CRV (because you want boring in the snow) for winter.
realbtl
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 10:36:01 PM »

So now you can ditch the leather vest with all those corny patches and pins, toss the doc-rag and fingerless gloves and chaps and put on real riding gear and go out and zoom.
Actually I always felt out of place on the H-D with my armored textile gear and full face helmet.  

As far as tank bag I was looking and I can re-position it more on the top.  A large bag is needed as a 40-50 degree temp swing is not that uncommon here.  Nice to have a selection of gloves as well as a place for the outer shells of my mesh pants and jacket.  
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 368
-Receive: 188

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 11:19:28 PM »

Congrats on the new bike! You will love that new hip as well!

06 Burgman 650
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800      Elioite #684
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 14 Sypder ST-S

Thank You
-Given: 274
-Receive: 621

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 11:46:21 PM »

That is a very cool looking bike! Hope it serves you well.

Good luck with your new hip!

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Receive: 79

Email
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 04:54:26 AM »

Nah, he's way out of my league.  I'm trying to achieve a balance and I think I'm close; Mustang Convertible, Suzuki and Helix for summer, CRV (because you want boring in the snow) for winter.

I am legend!

;)
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '05 Honda Silver Wing, ABS

Thank You
-Given: 86
-Receive: 49

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 02:15:19 AM »

Great looking bike ... congrats on the purchase.

And good luck with the hip.

I have a cousin who on Wednesday had her second hip.  The first one, ( other side ), was in January.  We took her home on Saturday!  They figured she knew what to do for physio herself. She is mid 70's and lives alone. Going to be a tough time for a while for her.  But she hasn't a sharp looking bike for incentive to do the required physio.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: