October 21, 2017, 02:19:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spyder Demo Days... coming to Nova Scotia  (Read 484 times)
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '05 Honda Silver Wing, ABS

Thank You
-Given: 102
-Receive: 51

« on: April 29, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »

I've been getting emails advising of Spyder Demo Days !   

The email suggestion was to call and book a demo time slot; but the visual presence of the fine machinery is much greater in person than by telephone.  So... yesterday my wife and I stopped into the local dealer to talk about Demo Days.    As I expected, my question of how necessary of having some shifting experience might be brought the red flags "a-flying".    The Silverwing is my first bike and shifting is an evil necessity in the lives other bikes.  Well.... they were all set to book a slot for me until I made this known.  Which is also why a visit rather than a phone call was a wiser means of discovery. I would have hated to arrive on Demo Day to be rejected from taking a ride.  Could have been embarrassing.  So as it stands now, when the "right" day comes I will go to the dealer for some one on one instruction from the "sales advisor" I was speaking with, and then head out for a ride in their area.  The dealer is located in a new and developing industrial park, so there are miles of uncrowded freshly paved roads.   This sounds like a much better plan than learning in a group.  Maybe if I do this in a few weeks I will be ready for the Demo Day ride at the end of May.    From the short show room explanation yesterday, operation of the Spyder won't be terribly difficult to grasp.  They sure are cool looking machines.   

Mike
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 14 Sypder ST-S

Thank You
-Given: 280
-Receive: 638

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 05:14:56 PM »

If you can push a button you can shift a Sypder.  There is no clutch to pull.  It's simple.  Call them back and tell them to book you a date!  I never rode a motorcycle and jumped on a Spyder and off I went!

PS, you will love the Sypder.  It's a pretty aweome bike.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
sevenwheels
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Given: 19
-Receive: 6

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »

Like Maggie said,if you can push a button... Our roadster has the SE system,just like paddle shifters,in fact it is a paddle shift of sorts. That, and it downshifts on it's own,you just can't beat it for what it is. A word of caution,most people that test ride Spyders...Buy Them.

2006 Yamaha Morphous ,2004 Avalanche Z66, 2003 C240 Wagon,
2011 Spyder RTS
IBA 56167
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: