July 18, 2019, 09:02:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement Burgman 650 key with plastic head  (Read 172 times)
Attaboy
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: Presently 2013 Burgman 650

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 12

Email
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:08:02 PM »

Is WholesaleCarKeys.net still in business, as per the following link and post by ZURG http://maxi-scoots.com/scoot/index.php?topic=5655.0 
I can not get ZURK'S supplied link in his post to work, perhaps they have been bought out or have changed name.

I need to purchase a replacement key with the plastic magnetic head for the ignition shutter and I am looking for someone in North America to purchase a replacement. The only other companies I have been able to find to supply Burgman keys are located in China and do business on Flea-Bay and if you read the comments on Flea-Bay many purchasers have  posted very unflattering comments towards these people, their products and after sales support. Except for locally sold Chinese food I try to knowingly avoid any business, product or service from China, most of my experiences have been bad with these people, many over there are simply hucksters.

Other than China anyone know wholesale key suppliers that have quality replacement keys (Suzuki Burgman keys ) in the U.S or Canada.

Thanks for your help !
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 391
-Receive: 197

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 04:43:36 AM »

I don't know of any sources for the key blanks with the plastic heads. I do know that if your in a pinch a good locksmith shop should be able to make you a key to fit your ignition to operate your bike.

I only got one key for Diane's 2012 650 Trike. I had a couple spares made.

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 137
-Receive: 164

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:09:11 AM »

I Googled it and found this:
http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/key-blank-an650.html

And some guy (guys) claim that:
Go to any good locksmith, ask for an ILCO #241 SUZ 218 Blank key. Have him grind back the shoulders some that the key will go in far enough to trip the trunk. Two keys cost me $6.46 including tax. One is in my wallet case I lock my keys in the trunk.

__
Don
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 333
-Receive: 814

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 03:08:25 PM »

I have replacement key for the Burgmans that don't have the magnetic head.  Got from a locksmith.  I used the "locking" slide maybe once or twice when new then never again.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Tow-Pac (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 41

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 04:21:52 AM »

Just saw your post ... evidently selling Burgman (and other) key blanks wasn't enough to keep wholesalecarkeys.net in business, and all I got for Googling was the eBay links.  I did find wholesalecarkeys.net's Facebook page - the last post there was May, 2016, and the website link there went nowhere.  And, just for the record, they were based in - wait for it - yep, China.

You might try a Suzuki dealer.  Presumably Suzuki still makes keys and maybe they're not still charging an arm and leg for one.

I also found this place but, again, China (though the website looks decent).  http://www.szbohn.net/keys-and-remotes/motorcycle-keys/for-suzuki.html

Other than a dealer it looks as if your only option is to throw a handful of bucks toward China and hope for the best - that's pretty much what I did in 2013.

Spyderist, formerly known as ZURG

If You Don't Ride, You Don't Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: