November 30, 2020, 12:34:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxsym 400i rattle  (Read 40068 times)
Southport
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:30:50 PM »

I recently noticed an annoying rattle when pulling away at slow speed, which seemed to be getting worse. On investigation I found that 2 of the windshield holding nuts had come loose. I guess when I raised the shield I must have been a little easy with my spanner work. problem fixed in 2 minutes. So if you raise your screen make sure the rubber grommets are pushed fully home and that all 6 bolts are nice and tight.
ThaiTye
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 01:36:21 PM »

Hello SouthPort,
Question do you love the SYM400 any problems any constant maintenance issues? I considering buying a used Sym400 I live in Thailand where  the roads resemble a rock quarry!
Southport
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 01:49:24 PM »

I had no problems with the 400 and I loved it so much that last year I traded it in for the new 600, in fact I was the first person in the UK with one.  Both are amazing machines with the 600 being breathtaking in its comfort and performance.  The 400 is the biggest selling scooter in Greece whose roads also leave a lot to be desired so I am sure you will be fine and will not regret your purchase. The only problem I had on the 400 was with the seat lock that was replaced under warranty. I had got into the habit of using the key to unlock it rather than the push button. The mechanic pointed out that the key uses a nylon bush which wears easily so best to always try to use the push button.  Had the 600 since last May and the only issue been a loose screw in the glove box which took me 30 seconds to tighten. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: