June 06, 2020, 09:38:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helmet Strap Saddle bags. Tmax  (Read 958 times)
Team Mini
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: Zuma 125

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 0

Email
« on: April 29, 2016, 06:01:36 AM »

I have heard only heard that Yamaha offered a optional helmet strap for the Tmax. Been all over the internet and the local dealers I could not find any hint of it. Does it exist or did I make it up? A picture , part number, link or something would be nice.

Next is saddle bags. What you guys use. Not many options but better than the strap. Would prefer a hard case like the givi top case. Is there something made specifically for the Tmax? Same request as the above.

please and thank you

2009 Tmax, heated grips and vest, 15g Dr Pulley, Go Cruise, Pirelli Diablos, LED storage light with off switch, duel power outlets,  Hid's with high low modification, euro led markers and clear tail lamp Canadian Eh
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 72

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 03:41:23 AM »

Mine came with a short cable for locking the helmet. It's not very user friendly so I never use it.
I have one of these and it works much better.
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Security-Retractable-Combination-Deterrent/dp/B01D56ANTI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461980440&sr=8-2&keywords=retractable+helmet+cable+lock
Team Mini
Scooter Freshman

Thank You

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 05:25:39 AM »

Mark
I figured it would be user friendly. Just wanted to see one because. Were does it mount to etc.
Skutorr
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2009 Tmax 500, 2009 Majesty 400, 2007 Aprilia Mojito 150

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 44

2009 Tmax500 with OODLES of UPGRADES!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 06:05:26 PM »

Next is saddle bags. What you guys use. Not many options but better than the strap. Would prefer a hard case like the givi top case. Is there something made specifically for the Tmax? Same request as the above.

please and thank you

This set om my brothers 2012 Tmax 530 is the way to go, fits all Tmax 500s and 530s...

2009 Tmax500 - Faster Yellow!
(Dr. Pulleys, HH sintered pads, Pilot Road 4 tires, GIVI AirFlo, shorty brake levers, Euro winkers, shortened OEM mirrors, custom tail tidy, MIVV exhaust, River Road luggage system, backrest extensions, adjustable LEXAN storage divider, LED storage light, power outlet)
Team Mini
Scooter Freshman

Thank You

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 10:34:59 PM »

Those bags are just right. What model are they? Were do you get the brackets that hold them? Or is that a part of the "kit"?
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 72

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 04:28:56 AM »

Mark
I figured it would be user friendly. Just wanted to see one because. Were does it mount to etc.

When you open up the seat, there is a small post at the front a little to the left. The helmet lock is just a cable with a loop at both ends. You run the cable through your D-rings and put the loop on the post. Then you close the seat.
Problem is, the seat doesn't have a lot of slop in it's fit so it doesn't want to close with the cable sticking between the seat and the plastic. Also the loops tend to pop off the post when you try to close the seat.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/773444/Yamaha-Tmax-Xp500z.html?page=34#manual
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: