September 21, 2018, 11:30:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kymco Riders roll call  (Read 32347 times)
scooterwolf
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Kymco Yager GT 200i, Kymco Downtown 300i

Thank You
-Given: 17
-Receive: 23

Easy and Me

Email
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2016, 10:45:18 PM »

Love the classic B&W, white, James Bond tuxedo look. How many miles?I just passed 5000 on mine.

- Wolf
TANWare
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: Current; 2011 Downtown 300i, 1984 Honda V65 Magna - Past; Yamaha 250 Enduro, Honda CB 500T, Honda CB 650

Thank You
-Given: 6
-Receive: 1

TANWare
Email
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 11:37:04 AM »

Mine is at 5,500+, Got most of mine the firsst season too. It was off the road until this year but not is back stronger than ever.

Just this side of senile, that is if I am remembering correctly.........

scooterwolf
Scooter Junior Professor

Thank You

Easy and Me

Email
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 02:31:56 PM »

Sounds like you're north and west of me. I'm in Collingwood, NJ, across the river from Philly. I'm looking forward to a trip to the shore -- Sea Isle City, them parts north and south of there.

Good to know there's another DT rider in Jersey. Represent!

- Wolf
RussBees
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 04:23:18 AM »

Mine is a 2008.  For a 250 it is extremely agile, smooth, with a wonderful 5 speed tranny.  So surprised that it did not prove to be popular as it remains one of my favorite riders here in Iowa.
klaviator
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Super 8 150, Kawasaki Versys 650, Kawasaki KLR650

Thank You
-Given: 50
-Receive: 48

Email
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 04:39:18 AM »

My first scooter was a 2009 Kymco Super 8 150 that I bought late in 2010.  I now have over 30,000 miles on it and it still runs great.

I ride, therefore I am
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 311
-Receive: 753

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »

Nothing better than a Kymco.....

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 59

Email
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 01:54:36 PM »

I've got a 125 agility I got for $350 a while back.
Nice scoot, but the carb keeps gumming up, even with Stabil in the gas.
scooterwolf
Scooter Junior Professor

Thank You

Easy and Me

Email
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2018, 05:33:25 PM »

Yay - The roll call numbers are growing!

- Wolf
Scootered
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2018, 11:58:44 PM »

2018 Kymco Xciting 400i

Eastern Central Georgia.

More pics coming when I get a few mods done...

msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 187
-Receive: 219

generic

Email
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2018, 08:55:19 PM »

Nice pick, probably Kwang Yang's best creation so far. Looking forward to following your experiences with and opinions of the scoot. How eastern and how central, native to Georgia? A portion of my maternal ancestors invaded Georgia from North & South Carolina chasing land grants in the early 1800's with numerous descendants still residing there, largely Gwinnett, Forsyth, Cherokee, Dawson & Pickens counties and expanding more sparsely throughout Georgia and surrounding states.
   Hope the X-400 brings much enjoyment!

If you stand for anything, you have fallen for something.
Scootered
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2018, 04:17:14 AM »

Nice pick, probably Kwang Yang's best creation so far. Looking forward to following your experiences with and opinions of the scoot.

I think fate intervened. I wouldn't have her if not for the feckless and duplicitous dealer in Minnesota who decided that because I was in Georgia (among other things) my purchase of a 2009 Yamaha TMax was "suspicious" and decided to hold my cashier's check for 14 business days to "let it clear"... Cashier's checks don't "clear". They're written on the bank's account, and they underwrite the funds. So they diddled me out of the bike I'd been saving three years for. And I ended up winning. That Tmax is still on their website, unsold, while  I have a brand-spanking-new Formula 1-level bike. Faster, lighter, quicker, and did I mention, brand-spanking-new? 

How eastern and how central, native to Georgia? A portion of my maternal ancestors invaded Georgia from North & South Carolina chasing land grants in the early 1800's with numerous descendants still residing there, largely Gwinnett, Forsyth, Cherokee, Dawson & Pickens counties and expanding more sparsely throughout Georgia and surrounding states.

As far east as one can get in the state, without going as far south as Savannah. Almost in the middle of the river border with the Carolinas.   

I'm a native, born and reared here, and lived here for all but 8 of my 52 years.  2 of those in California, in graduate school, which I loved. (Wouldn't want to live there, but I loved being there while I was) and the other 6 as an overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, and rarely-listened-to Architectural Historian in the State Park system of another state. Don't miss that at all...

We ended up here, because my Great-Grandmother's third husband was a banker here. Both of her first two were railroad men, killed on the job. She married a banker thinking it would be safer, up until the point he offed himself when his bank failed. C'est l'a vie... All my ancestry before Nanna came from Santorini, in the Cycladean Aegean Isles. That's where she was born. Her family settled in Central Alabama, and most of that branch have died off, save for a few cousins spread out over the country.

Hope the X-400 brings much enjoyment!

Diana is everything I hoped for, and I only have one thing not to love about her: It's been hell the ruggedest mile figuring out how to mount my cup holder! And let me tell you, Stig was less than no help with this!!  I think I have it figured out, and almost all the parts are here, so it won't be long before I have that set up... Of course, I'll post pics for the mod, as usual.

Thank you!
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 187
-Receive: 219

generic

Email
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2018, 03:13:15 AM »

Quote from: msgtphil link=topic=7811.msg110766#msg110766 date=152787931
[quote
How eastern and how central, native to Georgia? A portion of my maternal ancestors invaded Georgia from North & South Carolina chasing land grants in the early 1800's with numerous descendants still residing there, largely Gwinnett, Forsyth, Cherokee, Dawson & Pickens counties and expanding more sparsely throughout Georgia and surrounding states.

As far east as one can get in the state, without going as far south as Savannah. Almost in the middle of the river border with the Carolinas.   

I'm a native, born and reared here, and lived here for all but 8 of my 52 years.  2 of those in California, in graduate school, which I loved. (Wouldn't want to live there, but I loved being there while I was) and the other 6 as an overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, and rarely-listened-to Architectural Historian in the State Park system of another state. Don't miss that at all...

We ended up here, because my Great-Grandmother's third husband was a banker here. Both of her first two were railroad men, killed on the job. She married a banker thinking it would be safer, up until the point he offed himself when his bank failed. C'est l'a vie... All my ancestry before Nanna came from Santorini, in the Cycladean Aegean Isles. That's where she was born. Her family settled in Central Alabama, and most of that branch have died off, save for a few cousins spread out over the country.

Yeah, I got addicted to genealogy a few years back and one thing more difficult than genealogy is researching genealogy and not bothering everyone else with it. The trials and trails of your great grandmother, Santorini to Georgia; the hazards of railroading and banking, is interesting and intriguing. Most of my family leaned to the owing banks and hopping trains side so an intertwining of our families is unlikely though I have discovered many unexpected surprises.

Bummer about losing out on the T-Max but fortunately us minority Kwang Yang owners get another rider on the forum.
Have Fun, Phil 
Scootered
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2018, 04:53:23 AM »

Yeah, I got addicted to genealogy a few years back and one thing more difficult than genealogy is researching genealogy and not bothering everyone else with it. The trials and trails of your great grandmother, Santorini to Georgia; the hazards of railroading and banking, is interesting and intriguing. Most of my family leaned to the owing banks and hopping trains side so an intertwining of our families is unlikely though I have discovered many unexpected surprises.

Bummer about losing out on the T-Max but fortunately us minority Kwang Yang owners get another rider on the forum.

Have Fun, Phil 

Oh, I haven't ever done a single bit of Geneaology. All my info came directly from Nanna. I was born on her 100th birthday. She passed away at 112, lucid to the last moment, and I was her favorite. Listening to her was frequently like a history audiobook being narrated live.

I know where too many skeletons are buried in my family history, almost all of which interrupt the tree, so doing any genealogical research would be pointless.

Although, on my dad's side, we're connected to Old Peg Leg Peter Stuyvesant of Stuyvesant Heights fame in Brooklyn. He was the last Colonial Governor of New Netherlands and the guy who built the wall on Wall Street. That bit of historical trivia, along with the familial connection and $1 will get me a cup of coffee in nearly any Waffle House in North America!

I'm dearly loving my new bike, and hope that once I've got it well broken-in, that I'll be able to do some small touring on it.

Thanks, and keep in touch man!
Clampett
Administrator
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 28 - Mini bikes to Gold Wings.

Thank You
-Given: 83
-Receive: 65

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2018, 10:57:03 PM »

Adding me to the Kymco roll call:
2018 Xciting 400i

Virginian
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: '18 Yamaha Xmax 300, '14 Vespa 946, '81 Vespa P200e

Thank You
-Given: 121
-Receive: 55

Email
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2018, 11:58:34 PM »

What a beauty!

Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 311
-Receive: 753

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2018, 01:34:15 AM »

Great looking scoot!!! Enjoy

jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 11
-Receive: 102

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2018, 03:15:13 AM »

Very nice.
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 59

Email
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2018, 04:26:12 AM »

Is this the same corner where you took the pictures of us in the Smokies?
klaviator
Scooter Senior

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Super 8 150, Kawasaki Versys 650, Kawasaki KLR650

Thank You

Email
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2018, 01:52:01 PM »

No, this road is way tighter than that road.

Yellow Jacket
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 106, 10 scooters, BV250 & '90 Elite 250, sold Kymco GTi 300 currently

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 18

Email
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2018, 03:38:15 PM »

That road looks very familiar, Saluda, NC?

Kymco GTi 300 and  Honda Elite 150 + 11 others in the past.
klaviator
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2018, 12:06:31 AM »

That road looks very familiar, Saluda, NC?

Yep!  It's the tightest paved road I have ever ridden.  I rode it on my KLR, Versys and Super 8.  It was the most fun on the super 8.  The other bikes I was in first gear feathering the clutch on some of the uphill right handers. 

Yellow Jacket
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 106, 10 scooters, BV250 & '90 Elite 250, sold Kymco GTi 300 currently

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 18

Email
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2018, 03:29:29 AM »

Klav, let me know if you ever ride it again, I'm about 15 miles away.
klaviator
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2018, 03:48:15 AM »

Klav, let me know if you ever ride it again, I'm about 15 miles away.

I'm sure I'll be riding it again.  I'll try to let you know before I do.  It won't be this year but I'm pretty sure I'll get over there next year.
Murf
Wind In My Hair, Bugs In My Teeth
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: Honda 50, 90, 350, 750, VTX1300, SW600, BSA, Norton, BMW K100, Yamaha 175 Enduro and Vstar 1300, Harley 1945 Knuckle Head, VW trike I built.

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 17

Silver Surfer Rides Again

bemurphy22@msn.com
Email
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2018, 10:50:54 PM »

Questions?  I test road the Kymco 300 and found it a little lacking in power (single cylinder).  A member had a Kymco 300 with a side car two up, how did that perform?  After test riding the 300i no one had the 500 so I went for a used Honda Silverwing (nice power).

Never seen a day I cannot overcome with a smile.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: