June 26, 2019, 06:25:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Piaggio MP3 250ie  (Read 34982 times)
DuggleBogey
Scooter Senior

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 6

Email
« on: August 13, 2015, 06:30:59 PM »

I've just added a 2007 Piaggio MP3 250ie to my stable of scooters.

I won it on Ebay on Saturday and picked it up from the owner in Kentucky on Tuesday. I rode it home 180 miles at it drives flawlessly. I'm very pleased with how smooth and stable it rides. It stops better than any bike I've ever ridden. I know, having an extra wheel is cheating, but still.

The owner made quite a few improvements on the bike. He's an electrical engineer so he added Angel Eyes to the headlights, dual headlight mod, brake light flasher/modulator. He also blacked out the wheels, even the rear one that you can barely see. He even chromed the lug nuts just to make them stand out more. He replaced the foot pads with steel ones, and installed an aftermarket windshield.

Q: How many scooters does one guy need? A: Just one more.

Horsefly        - Honda Silver Wing 600
Pi                - Piaggio MP3 250ie
Yellowjacket  - Big Ruckus
Dragonfly      - Tao Tao 50
strkngfang
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 42

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 11:13:24 PM »

Congrats.  I always wondered what it would be like to ride one of these.  We'll give you a pass on the 3 wheels, since you still have to lean.   lol.  Good looking bike, have fun with it.

Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
previous owner of Vino125, Elite110,SH150i,Reflex, Silverwing & PCX

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nss300_forza/2015/strkngfang/377700]
DuggleBogey
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 01:51:13 AM »

It may make an appearance at the Meet Up and anyone who wants to give it a try is welcome.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 134
-Receive: 163

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 06:49:41 AM »

I'm still leary of the trike revolution but, I see you've got this one in the best of all colors.

What's the story behind the 'won it on E-Bay', if we may ask?

__
Don
DuggleBogey
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »

Oddly when you are riding it you really can't tell you have an extra wheel up front. If you blindfolded someone, put them on the scooter and told them they were on a 2 wheel scoot, they would believe it.

I have been keeping an eye on scooterfinds.com especially the MP3 and Honda PCX craigslist listings and ebay auctions and saw this one listed at a ridiculously low price and only one bid. It was only 200 miles away so I assumed I would be outbid I put in a bid of $2175 and didn't even look again. Pretty soon I got a notice from Ebay that I was the winner.
scoop
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 73Honda CB350,98Honda 1100 Shadow,2000Honda Valkyrie Interstate,09Honda Ruckus,08 Honda Silver Wing

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 12

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 04:28:21 AM »

Enjoy your new to you MP3.....interesting bike.
DuggleBogey
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 12:49:16 AM »

Thanks!

I'm enjoying the bike, but some minor things are annoying. The only way to open the seat storage is with the wireless remote in the key. There's no manual switch anywhere on the bike. The owner's manual shows how to reach in from the back helmet trunk (there is a manual switch for that) and spring the mechanism but this is the only way. They should have put a mechanical button in the trunk. Truthfully I don't mind sliding the key into my Silver Wing and turning it like a caveman.

Also there is zero up front storage. No place to stick your phone or your sunglasses or anything. Everything goes in the trunk or your pockets. Seems like there is plenty of room in the plastics, but they just decided no. Perhaps to prevent rattles.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 06:13:55 AM »

I noticed that Piaggio does a lot of little annoying things like this. It seems that they either don't think ahead or just don't give a damn about the little things. It's a seller's market over here on scooters so why sweat the small stuff?

benikmaar
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 01:09:54 AM »

storage :the later models (2013 up going and also the 2015 model with the x10 taillights) have a little storageplace in front of the windshield)
unlock saddle or backtrunc after 2011 button command (no remotekey command anymore) on steeringhouse
DuggleBogey
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »

Cool, I can understand why they changed it.
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 63

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 12:55:14 AM »

Some day when I have a bigger garage I want an MP3 500.
DuggleBogey
Scooter Senior

Thank You

Email
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 02:12:41 AM »

So my wife rode the MP3 to work last week and on her way home she got stopped by the always helpful local police. It turns out that on January 1 it became illegal to drive any vehicle with blue lights anywhere on the front. The previous owner had replaced the accent lights just above the headlights with blue LED lights.  No ticket, just a warning.

So today I decided to remedy the situation. What a rabbit hole! To replace a light bulb, you just remove the piece that covers the windshield above the headlights (screw neatly hidden under the Piaggio logo) and remove the entire front end below the headlight assembly (six screws). Then four screws hold the headlight assembly in place. Once you have removed the assembly there are two rubber caps that seal the bulbs. But guess what! The previous owner separated the plastic lens from the assembly to install "angel eyes" and I guess he figured since he was going to all that trouble, he would put in LED bulbs that didn't fit through the hole used to replace bulbs. When I pulled the wire/plug the bulb popped off and fell inside the assembly that he had glued back together.

So I cut through all the glue he used to put the assembly back together and retrieved the loose LED bulbs that were now rolling around in there. A trip to the Auto Zone netted me two white LED bulbs that not only worked as replacements, but fit through the original openings as intended. Clear silicone sealed the assembly back together, and after giving it some time to dry the front end went back together much easier than it came apart.

So the MP3 is legal in Tennessee again! At least until the friendly neighborhood cops decide the blue underside LEDs are treading on their gang colors too.
pallettman
Scooter Senior

Thank You
-Receive: 9

Email
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2016, 04:31:27 AM »

In Florida, having blue lights anywhere on your scooter is illegal.

Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 08:31:06 AM »

Come to think about it... the fuzz here are showing blue too so it's most likely outlawed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: