January 24, 2021, 04:51:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GPS mount on a 2007+ Burgman 400  (Read 939 times)
Jarlaxle
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 2012 Suzuki AN400A Burgman

Thank You
-Given: 12
-Receive: 3

« on: July 06, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »

OK...now that I have (finally) gotten the bloody thing mounted, I figured I would try to help fellow riders NOT go through the hassles I went through. Mounting anything on a Burg without hacking the handlebar cover can be, to put it mildly, a hassle. So, after much frustration and way too many 4-letter words, I managed to get it done.

The GPS is a Garmin Nuvi65LMT--it has real-time traffic, and is kind of big (6"), which complicates things a bit. (Note: the same mounting setup I have would likely also work with a Samsung Galaxy, an iPhone, or a tablet, as long as it's a small one.)

Mounting it was the tough part. I wanted the MC cover mount, but that puts it close to the mirror and the windshield--so I went to the experts at Twisted Throttle. They came through, big time. The solution was an X-mount, attached to the rear (left) MC with this plate and the short Ram mount. To minimize leverage on the MC, the plate mounts so it is toward the FRONT of the MC, with the arm angled BACK to keep things clear of the windshield & mirror.

Important note: the double-ball MC covers (as sold my Motorcycle Larry and others) will NOT work on a 2007+ Burgman 400!

2011 Harley Sportster 883, Black Cherry, police side cases, backrest, luggage rack, Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
jabus7
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:38:51 PM »

I have the same mounted on my GT, what I have done so that the X-mount and the short arm are not pinched is replaced the plastic fly nut with a lock nut.  It also saves having to finding the correct setting again since you never remove it.  I also had to replace the bolt.  In case I ever do need to adjust it whilst on the road I have added the correct socket to my tool bag but it's never been needed yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: