October 24, 2020, 03:21:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Packing the Harley  (Read 3340 times)
ChrisandKristin
« on: June 30, 2015, 05:22:21 PM »

i have a "cycle champ" HD jacket that i bought about 20 years ago. it always was real soft and pliable so it was comfortable right from the start. it doesn't have any of the graphics like so many jackets they now sell, the only thing on it is a harley "oak leaf logo" patch sewn to the left upper sleeve.
 i don't carry a cover either, i do have a piece of "visqueen" a little bigger than the seat that i'll bunji strap to the seat. if it rains i know the seat will be dry. as for washing, i never do it on the road.

Our jackets just say "Harley-Davidson" across the back and that's it.  They have vents in the back that are closed off with the liner zipped in.  They were about $650 apiece 15 years ago and don't know how much they go for today.  We got full leather pants instead of chaps and those are really comfortable.  They got zip tight bottoms so they fit tight around the boot uppers and two belt loop snaps on the back that attach to the jacket rear tail to keep everything in place.  Seems to me the pants were about $475 back then.

With the leather seat on our bike I'll probably just bungee a garbage sack over it to keep the rain or dew off when the bike is parked.  Then use the sack to clean up our campsite when we leave in the morning and put it in the garbage can.  Dual-use disposable seat cover.  LOL!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: