November 26, 2020, 12:59:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: H-D Owners  (Read 7035 times)
Burgi
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: Triumph Bonneville, SYM HD200, BMW R1200RT & K1600 GTL

Thank You
-Given: 5
-Receive: 14

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 10:56:17 PM »

I once walked into a HD dealer to buy some gloves. The counter girl said to me you all came on those cool scooters, I would love one.  Before I could thank her the parts manager said you would have to park it down the street it would never be allowed here.   I turned and walked away, the girl said you forgot to get your gloves. I turned back and said shove them up his ass....
Wow, there's an example of how not to run a business. 
I bought gloves from my local Harley dealer. When I rode up on my scoot the sales guy ran out to speak to me before I even got my helmet off. Seems they had taken a Vespa in trade and I guess he figured I'd be a good candidate to take it home.

It is usually strangers in parking lots that seem to like to approach me and tell me I should get a Harley. Not one has ever been on a bike, all in cars. I just smile and reply "you should get a bike you'd ride instead of taking your car."

I don't like riding cruisers so not surprising that I've never been fond of the Harley's I've ridden. I respect the heck out of their marketing though, they are genius's at selling their brand!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: