November 25, 2020, 11:48:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: H-D Owners  (Read 7000 times)
ChrisandKristin
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »

This is what I often don't understand about Harley Pride. When my Harley friends start to talk about how important it is that they ride a true American bike I ask them what they drive

Actually, not all pieces of new Harley's are made in USA either.  Some things on them are outsourced from overseas.  But the company remains American owned, managed and operated and has a pretty rich heritage and history.  Having a piece of that is kind of fun.

What is clear is that most H-D owners love their bikes.  They seem to develop a loyalty to the brand that no other manufacturer has managed to get.  I suppose these things could be described as the "character" of the bike and this "harley pride" that you mention, I don't know.  Being a H-D owner myself, we don't look at it as Harley Pride - we just really like our bike because it is the most comfortable, refined and satisfying two-up touring machine we have ever ridden.  Remember, we came from thousands and thousands of miles on GL's.  We have owned every model Honda ever built.  If I have to compare them, the Harley is a better designed touring machine.  It is lighter, better handling, better ergonomics, better fuel mileage, and despite what you may have heard that Big Twin is just silk smooth out on the open road ticking over at 2,200 rpm.

I don't know if all that is "harley pride" or not.  We just like our bike.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: