December 11, 2019, 01:41:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blackburg Down  (Read 7958 times)
Spyderist
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '16 Can-am Spyder RT Limited SE-6, '08 Suzuki Burgman 400 w/Tow-Pac (better half's), '07 Honda Reflex Sport (also better half's)

Thank You
-Given: 10
-Receive: 42

« on: June 21, 2015, 08:17:20 PM »

Update:

Saw my surgeon Friday and got a bit of a reprieve from the "no weight bearing for 3 months" (it'd been 7 weeks).  I'm now allowed up to 40% of full weight bearing (FWB), depending on what I can tolerate (I'm waiting on outpatient PT this week to see if they've a better way to measure 40%, than my guessing with a bathroom scale).  The goal now is to get to FWB with a cane, perhaps in 6 weeks.

Of course I overdid it Friday after seeing the doc (walked a lot with walker but nowhere near 40% weight - retraining motion more than strength) and my leg let me know it wasn't happy that night.  So I cooled it yesterday and was OK by evening.  For now the hurdles seem to be stiffness (still swollen) and atrophy more so than pain from the break.  Fingers crossed.

Spyderist, formerly known as ZURG

If You Don't Ride, You Don't Know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mU8ZqMZPU
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: