August 18, 2019, 06:58:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X10 1st Year Gas Stats  (Read 1004 times)
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 138
-Receive: 165

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:41:41 AM »

November 10th, 2013 marks the end of the 1st year for my X10 & I've kept the stats on gas consumption.

The final average of 54.4MpG US should be balanced against the fact that the vast majority of my riding takes place in 5 mile loops around  town, shopping or running errands. The 1st 3 tank fulls were at break-in speeds on the highway. (50->60 MpH) with bursts up to 70+.

I've tried this year to love this scooter! Seriously, I have but Piaggo has kicked it all in the teeth at every turn. I can't trust them to be there for support and/or customer care. I've, finally, found a Piaggio service point I can have some faith in, and that's important, but they aren't Piaggio Italy and are hampered by the same lack of support as I am.

1) It took 4 weeks to deliver my top box even though it was ordered with the scooter.
2) It took 9 weeks to get an extra programmable key.
3) It took 2 weeks to get a new set of rear shocks (one had a catch in it from the get-go)
4) It took 3 weeks to get a new side-stand switch
5) The manual & guarantee book calls for my 1st oil change at 10k but now I'm being told that it should have happened at 5k.

None of the above has kept me off the road for more than a few hours but the pattern is an eye opener.

__
Don
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 351
-Receive: 817

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »

Nice records!   Sorry Piaggio has let you down but can't say I've not heard this before from many :(

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 392
-Receive: 198

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 07:56:51 PM »

Nice records! I couldn't do it. Even though it takes little time to log @ each fillup. Sorry th hear about Piaggio. Seems I read somewhere that they are second in the world in motorcycle/scooter production. Its a shame they can't do better in the service/parts dept.

I have a friend that lives outside the Chicago area. She has a BV500 & an MP3. As much as she claims to love them, She goes through the same with waiting for parts.

I know that you've talked about getting a Japanese scoot for your next ride Since 1997 I've owned 2 Honda Helix's, a Reflex, a 400 Majesty & 2 650 Suzuki Burgmans. I can't recall any of these scoots needing a part other than normal wear & tear, (belts, tires, filters etc) The Majesty had some recall work done & I put a stopper bolt in my 1st Burgman just because, And it arrived promptly. Otherwise I don't think you can beat them for parts & service. Pretty reliable also!

Best wishes on a better second year! 

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
ferret
Scooter Grad Student

Thank You
-Given: 7
-Receive: 10

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:30:54 AM »

Expat nice records ,its a shame to hear of your bad service and parts turnaround time ,i know the feeling from past experience with some other brands .Personally i have had great dealer service but direct contact with the piaggio group i have found very wanting .This is mainly with there technical department giving  BS answers to explain away continued defective parts .I am waiting as we speak for more of the same . They are just not interested and prefer to just keep changing parts until its out of warranty and then they can refuse to do so ,instead of fixing the actual problems . Obviously everyone has had different experiences ,but it does put you off a bit when you come to replace next time around .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: