August 20, 2019, 04:02:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: post a pic  (Read 169708 times)
Clampett
Uncle Jed
Administrator
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 29 - Mini bikes to Gold Wings.

Thank You
-Given: 94
-Receive: 80

« Reply #1800 on: March 30, 2018, 11:22:44 PM »

And old store called Brackett Grocery was a place back in the 1950's where kids would ride their bicycles to and hang out on the store porch, buy sodas, and candy. Everyone knew each other. The store owners lived in the house pictured to the left. A lot of growth had almost covered the buildings and now someone has began clearing. Brought back lots of memories from my previous life 200 years ago (yes, my childhood).
There was an old bus that came by about twice a day ran/owned by an individual. Only one stop sign on the whole length of road created a welcome test of driving skills for young bucks. The community was called Republic. Had 2 stores, a school, and a post office.
Today there is one store, not affiliated with either of the originals. No post office. No school. Well, that's all as far as facts. Of course Ying always has something to say. She asked if this is where the Adams family lived. At least it wasn't "Are we there yet?"

--
Larry  
My Maps
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: