September 22, 2019, 05:32:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's out there with a BMW Scooter  (Read 49062 times)
exavid
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: Many, including all models of Goldwings, 2 BMW K1100LT, Burgman 650, Silverwing, BMW C650GT

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

Email
« on: August 21, 2019, 01:11:21 AM »

I feel I ought to formally remove my self from the list of BMW scooters. I sold my BMW C650GT a week ago. It was going to be costly on its next dealer service as well as my arthritis was making it very difficult to put up on the center stand. I enjoyed that machine for the five or so years I had it. The bike performed excellently both in power and handling.

I did have a couple of gripes with it. It didn't like ethanol in the gasoline much the requirement of using 93 octane added to the cost of operation. 93 Octane without ethanol is only available from a couple of stations anywhere near me and they both add almost a dollar to the cost of it over E10.

Gripe number two was the kicker to me. It's nearly impossible to get shop manuals for the bike. I had full manuals for my Honda Silverwing and it was much easier to get parts from various sources not to mention the parts are a lot more expensive for the BMW.

As a result I just purchased a very nice 2008 Silverwing and added a Give top box to it. It won't carry  nearly  as much under the seat as the big scooter did but with the top box it's enough. It's nice to be able to reach the ground with both planted flatly too.

I still think the C650GT is one of the best touring scooters ever but since I don't plan any long trips any more on two wheels the Silverwing will to the job nicely to visit friends within a 100 miles or so. This time of year the Jeep looks a lot better for much more than errands due to it's wonderful accessory. It's the A/C! I love that thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: