March 21, 2019, 01:09:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoot'n sports  (Read 46959 times)
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 4
-Receive: 92

Email
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2014, 07:35:49 AM »

Nope, airguns/BB guns/Pellet guns/CO2 guns

Is the 'Uzi' full auto or semi?
carewser
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda 70 Passport, Yamaha 185 Exciter, Yamaha 250 Exciter, Kawasaki 550LTD, Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive, Yamaha Virago 1100

Thank You
-Given: 31
-Receive: 11

Email
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2014, 12:45:28 AM »

The Uzi is weird, it has a switch to go full auto but it won't go there so it is locked out of being full auto because any fully automatic weapon is illegal in Canada (I don't know about the states though). It only takes about 20 minutes to take it apart and bypass the switch to make it go full auto but i'm going to wait until the warranty expires before I do that since I don't trust myself to screw it up. Thankfully, the warranty on it is only 90 days. The warranty on my .357 magnum replica is a year. There's a guy that lives in Vancouver that sells replica airguns over the internet that has posted dozens of airgun videos on youtube and in one of them he shows how to customize the Uzi to go full auto.

Bitch please
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2014, 05:03:23 PM »

What kind of velocity do they chuck BB's out at?
carewser
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda 70 Passport, Yamaha 185 Exciter, Yamaha 250 Exciter, Kawasaki 550LTD, Suzuki Burgman 650, Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive, Yamaha Virago 1100

Thank You

Email
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2014, 12:10:33 AM »

My Uzi replica shoots BB's at 360 feet per second while my .357 Magnum replica shoots pellets up to 435 fps and BB's up to 465 fps of course these numbers vary a lot but needless to say if you get hit by one it'll leave a mark to say the least.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2014, 06:58:50 PM »

You'll put your eye out with those things.

carewser
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2014, 01:54:56 AM »

I was talking to a customer the other day about my BB guns and he said his cousin actually lost his eye because just as he was peeking into their barn, a friend of his was aiming his BB gun through the hole and hit him right in the eye so that line from, "A Christmas Story" came true. I said he was lucky he survived.
LDB
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2014, 06:44:29 AM »

I am researching AR's and hope to get one in a week or three if I learn enough to satisfy myself with my choices by then.
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 188
-Receive: 219

generic

Email
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2014, 01:53:17 AM »

Maggie is toting a Mosin-Nagant. Maggie of 'Walking Dead' that is. Appears to be Finnish, thought I saw the big metal nose piece on the fore stock but not absolutely sure. I don't believe Finnish were fitted with soviet style bayonet so not sure if I'm correct about it being Finnish or if the show outfitters bolted on a bayonet.

If you stand for anything, you have fallen for something.
carewser
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2014, 07:37:49 AM »

I'm like the crabster if i see a screamin' deal on a gun i'll buy it even if i'm not really in the market for it so here's my latest, it's a Walther CP99 compact replica complete with laser scope:
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2014, 07:15:28 AM »

We recently added this Ruger LCP .380, though it's really a replacement for the Taurus .380 I owned due to the latter gun's nasty habit of dropping the magazine out of the frame with just a bump to it's base, or even a tight grip, without ever touching the mag release button. This had the very real potential of rendering the gun a single-shot weapon at the most 'inconvenient' moment. I've had very good luck with Taurus firearms in the past, and have owned many of them, but this malfunction was intolerable in a defense weapon that must be reliable above all else.

I added a Crimson Trace laser to it, which is a very good idea for such a small pistol with relatively poor sights. Teresa usually carries it when she goes for long runs in the Black Hills. It's admittedly a 'mouse gun', but a lot better than a pointy stick.

An extra bonus is that, when unloaded, it also doubles as a $475 cat toy......
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 61

Email
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2014, 04:26:40 PM »

I've got the same gun without the laser. I like how small it is, but I don't like having to pull the trigger all the way every time. Decreases accuracy.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2014, 01:04:36 AM »

I've got the same gun without the laser. I like how small it is, but I don't like having to pull the trigger all the way every time. Decreases accuracy.

I don't care for that 'feature' much either, but we bought it primarily for it's small size and concealability, especially for Teresa's use during her solo runs. Teresa's not much of a firearm fan, but is pragmatic enough to appreciate it's potential value under certain (admittedly rare) circumstances, so for her purposes, I needed something that was very simple to use, something without switches, levers, or anything that requires much other than basic 'point-and-shoot' functionality, which, as you know, these types of pistols provide.

Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 61
-Receive: 244

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »

So I'll jump into this foray and add my stuff here.  I have several weapons.  One is the S&W 4006 SS .40 cal semi-auto that was my service weapon with the Alaska State Troopers, and which was given to me on my retirement.  I don't like the gun as it is heavy and, IMO, not vey well balanced, and the same-adjustable sights are off a bit.  Mostly is just sits on a shelf.  I keep my Glock 17 9mm handy for "just in case."

I have a Ruger 10-22 that is fun to shoot with--a can popper, if you will, but the good one is my Ruger Mini-14 SS with composite stock and a 3--9 power scope on it.  However, my very favorite one to play with is my Connecticut Valley Arms .50 caliber plainsman muzzle loader.  I just love all the smoke and noise from a black powder rifle.  Loads of fun.

Greg
scootermann
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex, Yamaha Majesty YP400, Vespa GTV 300ie

Thank You
-Given: 15
-Receive: 22

WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2015, 10:01:30 PM »

With the exception of my S&W Airweight 38 special, and of course shotguns, all of my guns are .22s. Have to say the Colt revolver is my favorite. And accurate—yes!

About 10 years ago, my teenage sons and (then new) bride were out plinking. Sally stood on the sidelines patiently watching as everybody had a turn with the little single-action Colt. When she ask if she could have a go, you could almost hear my son's "sigh" as he pulled a quarter from his pocket and set it up in the target area at 25 yards. She nailed it on the second shot.

My son turned to me and said under his breath, "S#!t, dad, you better be careful." Which to this day is our catch phrase when someone underestimates somebody.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2015, 06:28:23 AM »

However, my very favorite one to play with is my Connecticut Valley Arms .50 caliber plainsman muzzle loader.  I just love all the smoke and noise from a black powder rifle.  Loads of fun.

I don't have any now, but I've owned perhaps a dozen black powder guns over the years, mostly replica civil war era cap-and-ball revolvers like the 1860 Colt Army .44 and 1858 Remington, also a few flintlock pistols here and there. But without question, the most impressive black powder arm I ever had was a shortened Brown Bess flintlock musket (replica of course) that had been 'indianized' with brass studs pressed into the stock and a few other minor decorations. Being a Brown Bess, it was a .75 caliber smoothbore and hurled a very large lead ball downrange with a very satisfying cloud of powder smoke. I was amazed that the thing actually went off the first time I loaded and fired it, but it seemed reasonably reliable. I really liked the delayed ignition that this type of arm produces when touched-off, with a very noticible 'fooosh-BOOM' as the priming powder ignited in the lock's flash pan, then set off the main charge a fraction of a second later.

I've always wanted another Brown Bess, or perhaps the similar Charlieville musket from the revolutionary period, but the cost of a decent replica has prohibited me from buying another...so far anyway. I haven't checked for several years now, but a new Brown Bess was going for a bit over $1000 last I looked into it.
rut3556
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: 55 to date

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 2

Email
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2015, 09:16:39 PM »

JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2015, 05:44:18 AM »

As I mentioned in another thread, I just added this blued Cimarron 1911 to 'the collection', it's very nice considering the relatively reasonable price, and is quite faithfull to the original pre-WWI Colts.

I also recently purchased this 4 inch, stainless steel, Rossi .38 Special DA revolver I found at a local pawn shop...

AKforza
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 250 savage, Kawa 500 triple, Honda Forza, Triumph Tiger 800 xc

Thank You
-Given: 18
-Receive: 27

Email
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2015, 07:28:01 AM »

My favorite plinker is a M&P 15 VTAC 556 with the sweetest trigger pull I've ever used. Its got a Aim Point  red dot that's deadly out to about 75 yds and sits on a 5-25x50 that's good to 600 yds. Got a thing for lever actions so I also like my Marlin 1895 GS 45/70. as for pistols I've got a couple colts 45 ACPs Govt and officers models but like a revolver and I'm fond of my Ruger Alaskan 454. Love to reload. Greg lets go shootin some time!

Kelly
2014 Honda Forza, 2014 Tiger 800xc SE
2004 Seaswirl Striper WA HT 200 HP Merc
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2015, 09:02:39 AM »

New toy...

scootermann
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex, Yamaha Majesty YP400, Vespa GTV 300ie

Thank You
-Given: 15
-Receive: 22

WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2015, 04:24:35 PM »

That is one pretty piece of machinery. Looks brand new.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2015, 09:57:45 PM »

It is. I wanted a .22 for some time and had planned to buy another Ruger MK semi-auto, but the latest gen-3 models had changes (improvements?) that I wasn't very pleased with, so I bought the Browning instead. I'm still going to get the Ruger, but I'll just wait until a nice, older MKI or MKII pops up.

As for this Browning Buckmark, it's a grade above their standard model, I liked the wood grips.
JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2015, 04:17:23 PM »

I went 'shopping' yesterday, starting at Cabela's (where I almost always walk out frustrated at their prices), then wandered through three or four pawn shops, ending up at the local store where I used to work in the late 90's, 'First Stop Gun And Pawn' located in downtown Rapid City. All the while, I was thinking that I'd sure like to find a nice, older, Taurus model 66, either a 4 inch or 6, though the odds of coming across one locally were almost zero. I've owned several examples of this model over the years and always liked them, sort of a poor man's Smith & Wesson model 19, Brazilian-made, and a very nice revolver overall. Well, at 'First Stop', after standing around talking with the guys there for about a half-hour, I noticed a familiar form lying in the back row on the lowest of three shelves in one of the handgun display cases, and it was a 4 inch Taurus model 66 in very good condition, a few tiny nicks in the grips, but still about 98%. Bright commercial blue with the nice, older style, wood grips...'old school cool', no sign of black plastic (polymer) anywhere to be seen. Nothing but ordnance steel and wood. Without hesitation, I bought it for $300 plus tax, and brought it home.

JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2015, 03:48:28 AM »

A local friend is moving to Arizona for the winter and offered to sell me an older Browning gun safe before he leaves, so for $300, I now have a smaller Browning Gold Series safe to help keep my growing collection of shooting irons out of 'unauthorized hands'. It shows some cosmetic wear, but still looks pretty good, and it's size suits my needs very well. It's 60X24.5X19, and must weigh at least 300 lbs empty. It was a booger moving it, but with a lot of sweat and liberal cursing, it now rests in my little guitar-art man cave.

JBCrabbypants
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »

I've been going through a 'cowboy' stage lately, found this Uberti 'Schofield' .45 at a pawn shop a few days ago. I've sorta wanted one for years, but they're priced a bit above my pay grade at $900-$1100, but this one was very slightly used, and was offered at a price just low enough to push me over the edge, so there it is. I'm generally only interested in classic arms with some history behind them, and the Schofield definitely qualifies.

Others in my little collection that qualify as 'classic' designs are my Uberti SSA (Single Action Army), Smith & Wesson model 25, and Remington R1 1911.

Sooner or later, I'll aquire a Uberti 'Winchester' 1873 lever rifle, but like the Schofield was, they're priced a little steep for me at $1100-$1300

minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 51
-Receive: 102

Email
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2018, 10:54:25 PM »

Very nice additions to the collection.

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
Burgman Executive 650
Majesty 400 x2
Morphous 250
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 324
-Receive: 794

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2018, 12:31:53 AM »

Super nice!

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 114
-Receive: 157

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2018, 08:55:14 AM »

Nice pieces.

Fortunately Greece is a "gun free zone" (accept if it's a shotgun for hunting, or you've got a permit, or you just don't care about the law) so we get to have sword fights down town.

__
Don
Virginian
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '19 Husqvarna Svartpilen, '14 Vespa 946, '14 HD Wide Glide

Thank You
-Given: 183
-Receive: 67

Email
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2018, 10:23:51 PM »

I've been recently working on my load development for my Fn Scar 17 Heavy.

Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 51
-Receive: 102

Email
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2018, 07:02:45 PM »

Super!
Virginian
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '19 Husqvarna Svartpilen, '14 Vespa 946, '14 HD Wide Glide

Thank You
-Given: 183
-Receive: 67

Email
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2018, 08:48:15 PM »

Super!
Note the redneck brass catcher. a tripod with a hat!   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: