December 14, 2019, 09:06:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shoot'n sports  (Read 50156 times)
Virginian
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '19 Husqvarna Svartpilen, '14 Vespa 946, '14 HD Wide Glide

Thank You
-Given: 230
-Receive: 81

Email
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2019, 10:57:15 PM »

My brother shot a Ruger, not a stainless one like yours, for many years. He was quite the craftsman and did a lot of work to his, very nice custom grips and even an overtravel stop on the trigger. He never had any issues with things coming loose. 

I've owned four .22 Ruger semi-auto pistols over the years, all MKI's and MKII's, I never had parts come loose on any of them, until I bought this new MKIV, that is.

Even so, the convenience of being able to push one button and slip the barrel/receiver off the frame for cleaning, and equally easy re-assembly, makes the gun a LOT easier to live with than any of the older MK's, which were a genuine pain-in-the-butt to field strip.

Truth in this statement!

I used my Bass Pro reward points and bought a Ruger Precision rifle in 22 WMR. So far it's a shooter and used the same magazines as the Ruger 10/22.

I was out ground hog hunting and got to watch these hens with their chicks most of the morning.

Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: