June 20, 2019, 02:58:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe travels all  (Read 6271 times)
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 188
-Receive: 219

generic

Email
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »

Sorry you had to let go of your Explorer, Phil. But that's a fine looking replacement. Many happy miles, whether on two or four, to you!
[/qu12ote]

All is well that ends well. If I'm going to be traveling I need a vehicle that is capable. My only regret about leaving the Explorer behind was because she limped to the motel parking lot and didn't leave me stranded on the interstate. Hopefully, whoever buys her at auction will replace the engine and find her a good home. The only really aggravating thing about the whole ordeal was sitting in the dealership for eleven and half hours but that's a long story I'll save it for next years rally. I got home at 1230 this morning without further incident. Had a great time and hey I'd never bought a car in Pennsylvania before.

If you stand for anything, you have fallen for something.
Wanderer
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: 2009 Suzuki Burgman 650, 2012 Kymco People GT 300i

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

Email
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 02:55:45 AM »

Phil,...glad to know everything worked out well for you.   I'm sure you'll enjoy the "new" vehicle.  Looks great!
Wanderer
Scooter Freshman

Bikes Owned: 2009 Suzuki Burgman 650, 2012 Kymco People GT 300i

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

Email
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 03:05:47 AM »

HOME AT LAST ! 

Arrived home in Clermont, FL, at 4:30pm today.  Scoot just purred along all the way.  The Florida sunshine felt good.  Wx was chilly (57 degrees) as I left Orangeburg, SC, this morning.  However, it warmed nicely as I entered Florida,...in the low 80's.

Total mileage for the Rally trip:  2,849 miles.

Bad news:  The Florida Lovebugs greeted me with a vengence!  The windscreen and scoot was covered when I got home.  Had to do a quick wash.  If you have never experienced the "Lovebugs", you should be thankful!

Lovebugs on the windscreen as I arrived home.

Home again.

Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 328
-Receive: 811

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 03:24:03 AM »

Nice, glad you are home safely Roger!

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
gurock1
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2004 Silverwing 2009 Burgman 650 gone but not forgotten, 2007 Piaggio BV250 (Sold) 2006 FJR gone to bike heaven, 2006 FJR sold, 2008 FJR in heaven with the first 06 FJR, 2006 Burgman 650 Executive, BMW C 650 GT

Thank You
-Given: 16
-Receive: 95

Email
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 04:16:38 AM »

I'm glad to see everyone made it home OK.  Sorry about all your problems with Ford, Phil.  I made it home safe late Saturday night, but appeared to have cut open the side of my leg on something that I don't know what.  It's been infected and I've been on antibiotics in bed till today.  I have some pics that I'll get to posting as I can.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 04:27:10 AM »

Ouch, Rich!  However I told you skinny dipping in Kettle Creek was a bad idea!  Seriously, get better!
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 188
-Receive: 219

generic

Email
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »

I'm glad to see everyone made it home OK.  Sorry about all your problems with Ford, Phil.  I made it home safe late Saturday night, but appeared to have cut open the side of my leg on something that I don't know what.  It's been infected and I've been on antibiotics in bed till today.  I have some pics that I'll get to posting as I can.

Great meeting, talking and riding with you, Rich. Sorry to hear you had some mechanical issues and an early departure. Hope the infection clears up quickly. My vehicle issues were entirely my doing. For many years I've rented vehicles for such excursions as any vehicle issues, though possibly causing delay, are easily resolved with a replacement at no cost. I was so comfortable with the Explorer I broke my own rule, should never have put the ole gal through the ordeal of pulling a trailer at her age.   
Dan
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 224
-Receive: 362

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »

Hope the bike is okay gurock and more importantly I hope your leg is healing.  Ride safe my friend, it was a pleasure meeting you.

Practicing Normite.
SilverBullet
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Pearl

Thank You
-Given: 389
-Receive: 196

Email
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 02:41:03 AM »

Hope the bike is okay gurock and more importantly I hope your leg is healing.  Ride safe my friend, it was a pleasure meeting you.
Ditto!!

02 Gl 1800 GoldWing
89 Pacific Coast 800 
2012 Burgman 650 Burgman Trike
billg
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2005 Burgman 400; 2003 VTX 1300

Thank You
-Given: 161
-Receive: 203

Email
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2012, 03:08:03 AM »

We made it home this afternoon about 4pm.  We stopped 2 nights at Vicki's daughter's in Staunton, VA, then drove the top 200 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway (I'll post a few pictures later).  We spent the night in Orangeburg, NC last night and then made our way home today.  Everything worked well throughout so we feel fortunate.
gurock1
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2004 Silverwing 2009 Burgman 650 gone but not forgotten, 2007 Piaggio BV250 (Sold) 2006 FJR gone to bike heaven, 2006 FJR sold, 2008 FJR in heaven with the first 06 FJR, 2006 Burgman 650 Executive, BMW C 650 GT

Thank You
-Given: 16
-Receive: 95

Email
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 06:55:45 AM »

Putting so many faces to so many names was fabulous!!!  Whats more this was truly the first time I did this type of group ride and for the very most part the professionalism and being a part of such a group was just so special.  I had to convince Brian to go with the group because he knew they wouldn't be riding like a bat out of hell the way he likes.  After he did it he thought it was more then special.  He must of said to me at least five times "How did I find such a great group of people that knew so much about riding".

I feel a little like what Phil said, that my problems were created by my doing.  I should have checked out whether the recalls were done, knowing the potential issues.  Also if I had spent more time in higher numbered gears the engine would have stayed cooler which would have prevented the problems from appearing.  The worst part was missing out on Saturday with the whole gang and ride!!  I think I created some of my problems by riding like a hot dog for days before I got to the rally, but I couldn't resist.

They've kept me to busy to bring my camera to work and put up my few and not so well taken pictures.

I noticed today that the FJR has 21,300 miles on it and only had 16,000 a month ago when I bought it.  My Burgman has 9,800 miles on it and only had 3,100 when I bought it early in the summer.  So I guess more problems develope when I ride so much, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Bill, glad you guys got to do the section of Blue Ridge as it's the next best thing to going to heaven.

The leg is slowly healing and I'm riding the Burgman both until the leg heals and the FJR has been through the shop.  I think how I did it was a moderate cut from a rock that kicked up and the engine heat and stress of riding excacerbating it each day.  I'm type 2 diabetic and have a complication of diabetic skin disease.  I have to treat the skin on my left leg from time to time with steroid cream, which I fail to do on trips and the long riding days dry out the skin making it more vulnerable to the ailment.  This was just the worst reaction I've ever had.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »

Glad you all got home safely Bill and Vicki!!

Rich, glad your leg is healing!  There is more riding season left.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: