July 18, 2019, 08:40:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ride Planning for Maxi Scoot 2012  (Read 10878 times)
redeye
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 128
-Receive: 184

Email
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 01:15:22 AM »

Maggie and I had a very pleasant conversation a few moments ago. I'm away from home until Saturday and have some alterations to the ride routes previously posted on this thread. They will all change to some extent so I will re-post them in their entirety.

I will remove some of the bridge routes that are accessible only via unimproved (some as much as 100% crushed stone and/or gravel; a poor environment for street bikes) roads and some that are no longer available to vehicle traffic. The most substantial changes will be to the third route, in the northern and eastern areas farthest from Steel Steeds, and dramatically shorten that route.

More to come this weekend when I have access to a full-size computer for map routing. I have another idea for an activity at Knoebel's that should allow most, if not all, of us to participate simultaneously. I'll have pictures and a video link this weekend.

We're looking at having the ride on Friday. After Labor Day, the area gets crowded with weekend day trippers so Friday should offer lighter crowds and traffic, making it easier for our ride groups to get around.

Many thanks to you, Maggie. I have some new ideas and changes to old ideas since the most recent visit to the area this past weekend. Bouncing these ideas around with you was a pleasure and helped the plan come into better focus, and this was the first time we have spoken on the phone. We'll meet personally soon enough; the girls were very excited when they heard you were calling on the phone!

Years of bad habits often masquerade as 'experience'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: