December 11, 2018, 10:40:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Rules  (Read 2500 times)
admin
« on: August 16, 2010, 04:38:42 PM »

Welcome to Maxi Scoots!!

The purpose and goal of this website is to educate and have fun. Along the way, many friendships will be made... and also some not-so-friendships.

So we have one, and only one rule: Play nice.

We are veterans of many forums, news groups and BB's, dating back to the early Usenet and Compuserve. We have seen them in all shapes and sizes, so we think we have an idea as to what works best.

So it's simple: Play nice. We will give a LOT of leeway here, and will never interject moderator powers unless a thread gets so heated that it becomes nothing but a series of flames. This doesn't mean that trolls won't be dealt with. At the end of the day it is our sidewalk and you have NO constitutional right to free speech. There are to many alternatives for you to be unhappy here and cause us unhappiness.  We all have differences. Keep it civil and pleasant for everyone here.

Thanks,

Maggie, Dan, Don, Phil, Bill, Stu  & Craig
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 316
-Receive: 772

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:49:34 PM »

Ok..... I removed two posts today from a welcome to a new member thread.

Please don't make me be a heavy handed admin, I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!

How can you prevent this???  Think twice before you click twice post.  Don't call another member a derogatory name...please.

Thanks............

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 01:39:05 PM »

So it's simple: Play nice. We will give a LOT of leeway here, and will never interject moderator powers unless a thread gets so heated that it becomes nothing but a series of flames. This doesn't mean that trolls won't be dealt with. At the end of the day it is our sidewalk and you have NO constitutional right to free speech. There are to many alternatives for you to be unhappy here and cause us unhappiness.  We all have differences. Keep it civil and pleasant for everyone here.

This past week we have had to deal with foul language, rude avatars and down right abrasive posts.  I have a new policy, I am simply removing things that bother me and I have instructed the other owners and moderators to do the same.  There will be no courtesy PM or email to a person explaining our thoughts or feelings, we have no time for such.

At the end of the day this is forum belongs to us ALL and I personally feel I have a good grip on want the ALL part of us want to see and not see here.

Take a swipe at me all day long, I am a big girl and can take it however start on another forum member; you can start packing your bags as you will be leaving quickly.

Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 02:53:15 PM »

Just as a reminder..... 

I had to remove foul language from a users forum info this week.  I did so without warning or even a PM. 

Also to be honest even in the joke section I would like to keep out political rhetoric.   It just leads to nothing to be honest especially in this day and age where people can not discuss matters civilly. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: