July 22, 2018, 06:34:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My other hobby, obsession is more like it.  (Read 43726 times)
msgtphil
Five of Five
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Current - Kwang Yang X-500, GL1100/Vetter sidecar

Thank You
-Given: 188
-Receive: 220

generic

Email
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 09:08:49 AM »

I've enjoyed reading about your audio system. I've got a Philips 212 turntable, Technics SU-V9 integrated amplifier, a Dolby processor and few other gizmos and gadgets from the 1980's stored in the spare room closet, along with a couple hundred albums. A large percentage of my albums were purchased on the day they were released,  not because I just had to have the latest of some group but because in the U.S. record companies just kept stamping out copies on the same master so the first stampings were better quality. In Europe and Japan masters were replaced every 50,000 copies or so. When in Japan I replaced many of my earlier and over played albums. I only listen when driving any more and my ability to pick up the high end is long gone but I understand and admire your enthusiasm for quality sound reproduction. It's good to see some people are still interested in more than excessive bass.

If you stand for anything, you have fallen for something.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: