June 01, 2020, 03:16:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My other hobby, obsession is more like it.  (Read 45232 times)
kcphoto2008
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2012 Yamaha V-Star 950 Tour, 2009 Suzuki Boulevard S40 aka LS650, 2009 Piaggio BV250 (stolen by some worthless POS), Vespa S150 (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 9

Email
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 04:45:52 AM »

I haven't updated this for a while and thought it was time. First I moved all my main gear into an old stereo rack I had here at the house. It still looks fine and does a nice job. Also the main system has gone though a few changes. I still have my Dual 1228 TT but on the main system now is a Rega RP1. I next added a Harman Kardon CD-191 cassette deck. On craigslist one day I spotted a Sansui SE-7 equalizer and added that to the system. Then for this year I decided on a new cd player, a Naim CD5i MKII. The Sansui 771 and Heathkit speakers are the only stalwarts still present in the main system. I am restoring a set of Polk Audio Monitor 5a's at this time to add to the system. They are keepers and will always have a place on some system of mine.

After I finish the restoration of the Polk speakers I will need something to do. My plan now is to begin to design and build a set of speakers just to see if I can do it and if I can make them sound good.

A picture of how it all looks. I was still putting some of the record collection on the shelf above the system when I took this picture.

Note sorry about the size of the picture when you click on the thing. A new editing software that I am still fighting with. I will be putting PS Element on this computer soon.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: