May 22, 2022, 12:48:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Winds  (Read 175 times)
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 82
-Receive: 277

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« on: January 10, 2022, 10:28:41 PM »

We just got over a big windstorm that did extensive damage in our area.  Winds were recorded up to 100 mph.  We had a tree blow down in our back yard that damaged a section of fence, and another section of fence came loose at the top.  Iíll be having some friends come over as soon as it warms up a bit and cut up the tree.  Unfortunately the loos section of fence canít be repaired because of the frozen ground.  Best I can do, I supposes, is shore it up with a pole.  The tree will become firewood for our backyard fireplace.

Greg
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 38
-Receive: 169

Missouri, 2021

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 07:59:32 AM »

Greg, glad the trees didn’t hit the house or you or your family.  Stay safe.  We have gotten some high winds here in Chicago as well over the past couple of weeks.

Cathy

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 31
-Receive: 203

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 06:51:16 PM »

Ugh. Bad year for storms.
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '05 Honda Silver Wing, ABS

Thank You
-Given: 178
-Receive: 85

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 09:39:25 PM »

You were lucky on this one Greg.  That could have been a whole lot worse story if it had landed on your roof.   But in this case ....nature did provide ...fire wood you may not have had on hand otherwise.   Glad the fence was the only damage.

It has been a stormy week here as well.  What was supposed to be a life threatening "winter wallop" with a foot or more of snow with high winds like yours... But most of the snow went inland and ours was followed with rain.   I dreaded heart-attack snow shoveling but it wasn't too bad.  Judy and I had it cleaned up fairly quickly in about an hour.   But now we have the cold weather.  Now it is -25°C wind chill at the top of Martock.  That's too cold to be any fun.

Mike
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 08:09:56 AM »

With the storm over I did a roof check and donít see any shingles missing.  Thatís good news.  Someone from the fence company is coming next month to do an estimate of repairs.  Thereís some I can do myself, if I can find the fence boards and lumber to do it.  So we dodged a bullet this time.  The last time we had a windstorm like this was the winter of Ď78-Ď79.  This one was worse.  I hope it will be an equally long time til the next one.  Life in the far north.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 377
-Receive: 905

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 03:26:27 PM »

Ugh... it's been windier this year than most, or so it seems.  Maybe I'm just getting older and my bones feel it.

Stay safe!

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 175
-Receive: 250

Feelin' good.

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 04:42:48 PM »

Greg's winds made it over here yesterday and are, finally, blowing themselves out today (I hope). They'd lost most of their fight on the way over but kept the knives sharpened.

__
Don
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 05:39:12 AM »

This has been, so far, a very rough winter here.  And not only Alaska, but up and down the eastern corridor, too.  I think itís just a bad winter overall.  Here itís been colder and snowier than usual.  Only 2 1/2 months of it left to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: