January 22, 2021, 08:32:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 651 times)
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 53
-Receive: 136

Email
« on: December 09, 2020, 04:55:03 PM »

Is everybody locked down and sleeping? I'm at our winter home and riding almost every day. Florida doesn't have too many exciting roads, but it's still riding! I spent the better part of last week decorating the golf cart (mines the black one in the forground) in preparation for the annual golf cart parade and tree lighting in our community. It doesn't sound like much, but it was a really good time. There were over sixty decorated carts that toured the development. It took us nearly two hours to  pass by every house on each street-which was the parade route. I must be getting really old, because it was fun to see everyone at the end of their driveways waving, partying, and enjoying the parade. There were even some that had set up tables to provide some "adult refreshments" along the route. I had to laugh,though. The temperature was low sixties and it looked funny seeing people bundled up like Nanook of the North...... at home, people walk around in shorts and tank tops if it hits 35*! Be safe and have a great holiday season scooter

* parade4.jpg (91.48 KB, 960x720 - viewed 76 times.)

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
 ̶B̶u̶r̶g̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶x̶e̶c̶u̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶650
 ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶4̶0̶0̶ ̶X̶2̶
Honda Silverwing
Morphous 250
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 30
-Receive: 183

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 10:13:18 PM »

Still here, ride last week in the 50's, probably tomorrow too.
Buffalo
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Red 2007 Burgman 650 Executive, Blue 2006 Burgman 400S

Thank You
-Given: 13
-Receive: 177

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 02:22:30 AM »

I put 50+ miles on the 400 yesterday and 100+ on the 650 today.  It was upper 60s here yesterday and upper 70s today.  Cold front coming in tomorrow afternoon and it will drop back to more seasonal 50s for highs for the next week or so.  Make use of these warm days when they come around.   

Craig
07 Burgman 650, 151,261 miles
06 Burgman 400, 51,952 miles
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 34
-Receive: 164

Saint Louis, MO 2020

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 07:03:17 AM »

Bruce,  looks like you had a fun time. 

I am slowly recovering from Knee replacement surgery.  I fear I am one of those people who have scar tissue to work through.  I may be facing a manual manipulation with anesthesia.  I will know more tomorrow.  Otherwise my retirement is going well.  Better than working in the hospital through all this Covid crap.

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 161
-Receive: 214

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 07:13:10 AM »

Put the scoot up on the center stand and let her run for about 20 minutes yesterday. Exciting times.

__
Don
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 73

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 05:52:06 PM »

Had a beautiful day to ride yesterday and my bike wouldn't start.
It has a stupid keyless ignition and I guess something went bad.
Bike shop said it'll be at least 2 weeks.
sonuvabug
Scooter Grad Student

Thank You
-Given: 22
-Receive: 25

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 07:01:28 PM »

Had a beautiful day to ride yesterday and my bike wouldn't start.  It has a stupid keyless ignition and I guess something went bad.  Bike shop said it'll be at least 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear about your starting troubles Mark but I have an answer for you.  

CAD$7,000 is about USD$5,500 and as you know, the digital speedo and odo can be changed to miles from kilometres.  Always good to have a backup Tmax right?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1540162489

2016 Gray Suzuki Burgman 400 (herz) - 12,000 km.
2009 Wineberry Red Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 7,500 km.
jpowell692
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 2007 Burgman 400, 2011 Burgman 400, 2016 Burgman 400. 2011 Burgman 650

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 23

468863.jpg

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 10:57:00 PM »

I put about 75 miles on each of my Burgmans this week. Temperatures in the mid 50s. I'll be riding through Leesburg the second week of January on my way to Ft. Meade. I was planning on going down two weeks ago but had to change plans.

The more the miles, the bigger the smiles.
bandito2
Scooter Junior Professor

Thank You
-Given: 1
-Receive: 23

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 06:15:16 AM »

I am still here... stuck in the Great Lake lock down state of Michigan waiting
for the  SHTF that I feel like is just around the corner and soon to be causing
all kinds of grief for us.

Can't get out of here soon enough... been actively doing house hunting with
an agent in Tennessee. Nice place to be if I can ever get a place to buy there
that suits me. (eastern TN tri-cities area... Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City)

Midway between Michigan to the north to visit friends and relatives during the
summer. And with Florida about the same distance to the south for relatively
quick access to warm, warm delicious sunshine and sandy beaches... On one
of my scooters of course. There are other advantages to a move like that so
that is why I am going to continue doing what I can, while I can, with what I
have so I can get to where I want to be when the opportunity is presented.

Southeast Michigan Dark Side Rider
4 Honda Reflex scooters & a Big Ruckus
Originator of the "Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
Sometimes I'm so far outside of the box, the Hubble telescope can't find me
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 73

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 10:51:22 PM »

Had a beautiful day to ride yesterday and my bike wouldn't start.  It has a stupid keyless ignition and I guess something went bad.  Bike shop said it'll be at least 2 weeks.
Sorry to hear about your starting troubles Mark but I have an answer for you.   
CAD$7,000 is about USD$5,500 and as you know, the digital speedo and odo can be changed to miles from kilometres.  Always good to have a backup Tmax right?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1540162489
It's OK. I've got an extended warranty.
But when I get ready to sell mine, I'm bringing it up there.
klaviator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Yamaha Majesty, Kymco Like 150i, Kawasaki Versys 650, Kawasaki KLX250

Thank You
-Given: 136
-Receive: 92

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 04:13:53 AM »

I've been riding most days but mostly around town the last few weeks.  I did get out and take some pics the last couple of days so I'll post them in my thread.

I ride, therefore I am
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 80
-Receive: 269

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 08:04:45 PM »

Still here, but not much going on.  I did get out for a short ride the other day.  Well, my snowblower has two wheels.  Does that count?  🤣

Greg
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: '05 Honda Silver Wing, ABS

Thank You
-Given: 169
-Receive: 80

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 02:02:21 PM »

Sure that counts, Greg .... but only if you sat on it  ...LOL

I switch my car tires to snow tires the other day ..... but all that counts for is sore muscles and back ache.  A storm is spoken of
for Thursday.  NY is supposed to get hit more than we are from this one.  But I have the snow tires on !!  I doubt there will be enough
to go for a ride on the snow blower ...but one can hope !

Mike
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 375
-Receive: 895

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2020, 09:40:14 PM »

I've just been super busy the past month.  My stupid little part time job of 12 hours a week to get out of the house turned into 40 hours a week the past 6 weeks.  I'm hoping this ends after the first of the year.  I didn't retire 5 years ago to work more than I was working when I retired!

Not to mention on top of that our other hobby of selling on eBay has been producing 20-25 sales a day since Thanksgivingish.  So between the two, I'm worn out.

I almost rode the Spyder to work last week but rain held us off.  We did take a ride one day to get Pete on back this year and for some fresh air.

I sorta didn't mention here that Pete had another bout in the hospital.  So he's been back to square one of working on some energy.  He did start some hyperbaric chamber therapy which has been helping. 

With Covid around poor Pete doesn't get out much other than to maybe drive me to errands etc.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 07:03:13 AM »

I finally got out on the AK yesterday!
But first I had to remove the windshield and front cowling, loosen the battery cover, call road service, get a jump, and then got all the way to the dealer. Exciting times!

But, wait... there's more!!!

Today I get to go back to the dealer, drop a load of cash (had the 10k service done while it was there anyhow) and then ride ALL THE WAY BACK HOME!

Finally bought one of those booster batteries for my own. FINALLY!
sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2020, 01:29:42 AM »

I've just been super busy the past month.  My stupid little part time job of 12 hours a week to get out of the house turned into 40 hours a week the past 6 weeks.  I'm hoping this ends after the first of the year.  I didn't retire 5 years ago to work more than I was working when I retired!

Not to mention on top of that our other hobby of selling on eBay has been producing 20-25 sales a day since Thanksgivingish.  So between the two, I'm worn out.

I almost rode the Spyder to work last week but rain held us off.  We did take a ride one day to get Pete on back this year and for some fresh air.

I sorta didn't mention here that Pete had another bout in the hospital.  So he's been back to square one of working on some energy.  He did start some hyperbaric chamber therapy which has been helping.  

With Covid around poor Pete doesn't get out much other than to maybe drive me to errands etc.

Sorry to hear this about Pete, Maggie.  More prayers for Pete.  As far as your 12 into 40 hours ...a true lesson in being careful what you "wish" for.  This too shall pass....

Be careful "out there".

Here we have our first snow storm.  They call for 15-25 cms but I doubt we will get this much.  New York has already drained the weather system.

Mike
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 80
-Receive: 269

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2020, 03:17:14 AM »

I've just been super busy the past month.  My stupid little part time job of 12 hours a week to get out of the house turned into 40 hours a week the past 6 weeks.  I'm hoping this ends after the first of the year.  I didn't retire 5 years ago to work more than I was working when I retired!

Not to mention on top of that our other hobby of selling on eBay has been producing 20-25 sales a day since Thanksgivingish.  So between the two, I'm worn out.

I almost rode the Spyder to work last week but rain held us off.  We did take a ride one day to get Pete on back this year and for some fresh air.

I sorta didn't mention here that Pete had another bout in the hospital.  So he's been back to square one of working on some energy.  He did start some hyperbaric chamber therapy which has been helping. 

Maggie, sorry to hear about Pete.  Poor guy.  Two steps forward, one step back.  Praying he will get a break.

I know what you’re talking about with the retirement job.  After I retired the state troopers kept calling me back to work as a temp in the evidence room and as a warrants clerk.  That took up four years, 4 months at at time.  Then we moved to Idaho and I ended up working as a deputy sheriff for 5 years.  I finally hung it all up and decided to just be retired!  Sorry you have to put in so many hours.

Merry Christmas!
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 34
-Receive: 164

Saint Louis, MO 2020

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 07:40:18 PM »

I had the manipulation on my knee Monday, Dec. 14th. Six weeks after surgery.    I am glad I did. They put me under bent my knee to 120.  I woke up about 25 minutes later.  Had PT that afternoon and got to 105.  Before that I could only get to 85.  Doctor had to break through the scar tissue.  Had PT everyday.  I finally drove on Saturday, Dec. 19th after almost 7 weeks.  I am no longer captive in my own home.   It is quite nice not being dependent on others to drive you to PT and other places.  Getting better everyday.  I still have work ahead of me but I think I am over the hump.

Merry Christmas everyone! 🎅🏻
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2020, 07:52:59 AM »

Good news for sure!

sailingskier
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 02:06:29 PM »

Yes, great news Cathy. Congratulations !!  And now the days are getting longer, you are feeling better with each day ,,,and now retirement can kick into a higher gear !!

Finally some good news for the start of 2021.

Merry Christmas,
Mike
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 53
-Receive: 136

Email
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2020, 04:02:40 AM »

Gee Cathy, you'll be ready for the other one in no time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: