December 02, 2020, 09:10:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AK550 to the US!  (Read 478 times)
Expat47
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Kymco AK550 & '12 Piaggio X10 (sold). & '08 SYM GTS (sold)

Thank You
-Given: 161
-Receive: 214

Kymco AK550

WWW Email
« on: September 25, 2020, 04:46:02 PM »

I got a notification that the 550 will be landing in Florida @ Solano Cycle very soon. It has been on my 'short list' for a long time. Figures, I just about have my Silverwing where I want it to be   

I find that the AK550 has some seriously good mechanics, suspension, breaking, etc but....

The seat is the worse I've ever owned!! If I'm going more than down the street to collect the shopping I use either gel gel pad or an AirHawk or I'll never get to sit comfortable again.

Then, there's the lack of lower body protection. Totally missing. I've tried some add-on wind deflectors but the direct sunlight pretty well cooked them off.

Then there's parts... I don't know if it's the dealer I bought it from, the local importer, or Kymco but 3 times I've needed or wanted parts and it took almost 2 months the first 2 times and I'm still waiting after almost 3 this time. So, find out, if you can, what kind of supply line they've got. If you lose one of the key-fobs you're looking at a 4 digit replacement.

I'm actually looking forward to the Forza 750 that supposed to be coming soon.

Any questions?

__
Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: