January 22, 2021, 09:20:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Burgman650 vs my Silverwing600  (Read 1306 times)
steve_h80
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

Email
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2021, 11:02:28 AM »

Bloody hell. I've  only just joined this forum, do people always get this excitable?
For the record I can make a good guess who 'Brubaker' is, and if I'm right he's at best an irritating toad that trolls other sites under other names.

Back to the original post I find the Silverwings weakness is the rear suspension under certain circumstances (bumpy backroads, loaded up) for which Hagon offer good replacement shocks.
The front seems fine to me although it does seem sensitive to front tyre wear, most likely due to the rearward weight bias.
I appreciate what works for me might not work for you, but it's always worth tapping into the herd knowledge.

I've not ridden a Big Burger but have been out with them, in the real world there doesn't seem to be a huge difference point to point (see also Fireblade vs R1).
EZMark
RCR
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 2
-Receive: 73

Email
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2021, 05:14:15 PM »

Bloody hell. I've  only just joined this forum, do people always get this excitable?

The regular members of this forum actually get along quite well. When there's a problem, it's always a new member who thinks he's smarter and a better rider than anyone here. I had a run-in here with some Harley guy a few years back who for some reason decided to join a scooter forum and talk about Harley's. I rented a Harley on vacation and did a rather unfavorable review of it here. The new guy started bitching about my opinion of the bike and even questioned my riding abilities until some other members told him off. He left the forum shortly thereafter.
The funny thing is, a couple of years later, I test rode some newer Milwaukee 8 Harleys and gave them rave reviews. Thankfully Mr Harley know-it-all wasn't here anymore to read the reviews.
For the record, we have a yearly meetup and I've ridden with many very good riders from this forum. Bruce (minimac) is one of those very good riders.
Welcome to the forum Steve.
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 375
-Receive: 895

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »

Bloody hell. I've  only just joined this forum, do people always get this excitable?

Why yes we do ;)  Especially during pandemics and winter :-)

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
steve_h80
Scooter Freshman

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 0

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2021, 06:34:00 PM »

Why yes we do ;)  Especially during pandemics and winter :-)

I've finished servicing the bike which is now ready to go, but am now grounded by a combination of covid lockdown, full hospitals, snow and ice so I can appreciate where you're coming from.
Stay safe everyone and look out for each other.
minimac
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 53
-Receive: 136

Email
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 04:19:27 PM »

Come winter in Florida! People are friendly, restaurants are open, businesses are open, and even though we have way more people (old and otherwise) than locked down New York, positives and deaths are much, much lower. Granted, our roads may not be as scenic or challenging as other areas, but we're riding year 'round, and the weather is great!

Walk fast...look worried.
"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything"       Marilyn Monroe
Goldwing Aspencade GL1500
 ̶B̶u̶r̶g̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶x̶e̶c̶u̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶650
 ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶4̶0̶0̶ ̶X̶2̶
Honda Silverwing
Morphous 250
Yellow Jacket
Scooter Junior Professor

Bikes Owned: 106, 12 scooters, BV250 & '90 Elite 250, sold, Kymco GTi 300 & Kymco Yager currently

Thank You
-Given: 27
-Receive: 33

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 07:19:00 PM »

restaurants are open, businesses are open, and even though we have way more people (old and otherwise) than locked down New York, positives and deaths are much, much lower.  

My apologies in advance if what I'm going to say ruffles a few feathers. Few will argue that Covid is spread primarily by close personal contact. Isolation is the best way to prevent it. North Dakoda, which resisted lockdowns now has the highest number of cases PER CAPITA of any state, 12468 as of yesterday. New York is at 6159 while Fla. is at 6836. While lockdowns may be a bitter pill, it's something we all need to swallow.
Above info came from here.
https://us-covid19-per-capita.net/

Kymco GTi 300 and  Yager + 11 others in the past.
sonuvabug
Scooter Grad Student

Thank You
-Given: 22
-Receive: 25

Email
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2021, 08:17:33 PM »

My apologies in advance if what I'm going to say ruffles a few feathers. Few will argue that Covid is spread primarily by close personal contact. Isolation is the best way to prevent it. North Dakoda, which resisted lockdowns now has the highest number of cases PER CAPITA of any state, 12468 as of yesterday. New York is at 6159 while Fla. is at 6836. While lockdowns may be a bitter pill, it's something we all need to swallow. Above info came from here.  https://us-covid19-per-capita.net/

No need to apologize YJ.  COVID 19 is real, deadly, and getting worse.  Personally I'm jaded by the people who lament they have lost family members because they choose to ignore the recommended guidelines and regulations and then plead ... "but we didn't realize it was that bad etc. or I'd rather be free over controlled". Ignorance or misplaced perceived entitlements are never excuses. 

My province of Ontario is going into a month long "stay at home" order starting tomorrow ... FOR JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY.  The only exceptions will be for essential workers going to perform essential work.  Fines start at $1,000 if you're caught out of your residence for no good reason with jail terms potentially accompanying those fines. 

Up here. fools who talk about their freedoms being inpinged upon have no sympathy from the majority of us who want our loved ones, friends, neighbours and ourselves to live another healthy day.  It's a small price to pay to keep this virus at bay until vaccine relief arrives.  Unclear how I feel, on Monday my sweetie was  redeployed to the front lines to provide admin and documentation support to those brave nurses and doctors dealing with the innoculation implementation.  She  is kinda scared but has never felt so good about what she's doing and the positive contribution she is now making.  I'm very proud of her.  Be careful all ... stay safe!

2016 Gray Suzuki Burgman 400 (herz) - 12,000 km.
2009 Wineberry Red Honda Silver Wing (hiz) - 7,500 km.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: