July 02, 2020, 01:44:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding in WV/VA/KY  (Read 267 times)
Carol
RCR
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 07 Silverwing, 15 Tmax

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 12

Email
« on: June 17, 2020, 05:57:02 AM »

I just spent two weeks riding the Silverwing near Princeton/Beckley WV.  Ran up to New River Gorge for a day, went down into VA near Wytheville for a day.  Holy moly, great roads around there.  I went up the mountains, down the mountains, around the mountains and a couple times through the mountains.  Really amazing panoramic vistas and views.  I would put WV/VA against any road in TN/NC any day of the week.
Less crowded, less pinheads, more good roads.
Anyone been riding in that area?  I mean other than the rally a couple years ago?

By the way, the Wing turned 70,000 miles while I was there.  Still going strong.  It is headed to the shop for a new belt, rollers, tire, oil change, etc...I guess you could say its going to the spa for a day of relaxation and a make over.
CathyN
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT, 2009 Honda Silverwing

Thank You
-Given: 33
-Receive: 149

Saint Louis, MO 2020

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 06:27:17 AM »

I just spent two weeks riding the Silverwing near Princeton/Beckley WV.  Ran up to New River Gorge for a day, went down into VA near Wytheville for a day.  Holy moly, great roads around there.  I went up the mountains, down the mountains, around the mountains and a couple times through the mountains.  Really amazing panoramic vistas and views.  I would put WV/VA against any road in TN/NC any day of the week.
Less crowded, less pinheads, more good roads.
Anyone been riding in that area?  I mean other than the rally a couple years ago?

By the way, the Wing turned 70,000 miles while I was there.  Still going strong.  It is headed to the shop for a new belt, rollers, tire, oil change, etc...I guess you could say its going to the spa for a day of relaxation and a make over.

Bob and I were in Wytheville in 2015 for a week. Loved the area.  Then of course for our 1st Maxi-Scoot Rally in 2016 when we met all of you great people. 

We then went back in the area in 2018 for my Nephew’s wedding in Philly.  Afterwards we rode down to VA when we visited Eric (Virginian) more new and great roads.

Again in 2019 the BMW Rally in TN, NC  back to Eric’s in VA.   More roads and great places to eat.  Had to ride through WV to get home awesome roads there also. 

We were going to go back in May to visit Eric but then Covid hit and we had to cancel.

Eric posted some great roads to ride on the board.  Check them out.

So Carol I guess I can say yes  to your question.  We have been riding in that area.  And loved it.

How many miles where on the Wing when you got it?  Or did you buy it brand new?  I can’t remember what you told me.  I put almost 80,000 on mine.  I was 113 miles short before I gave it to my brother.

It's just not a vacation it's a fricking adventure.
jdbrot
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: Honda Reflex Sport ABS

Thank You
-Given: 28
-Receive: 166

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »

Super area to ride, looks like a great time.
jpowell692
Scooter Grad Student

Bikes Owned: 2007 Burgman 400, 2011 Burgman 400, 2016 Burgman 400. 2011 Burgman 650

Thank You
-Given: 0
-Receive: 19

468863.jpg

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 10:05:06 PM »

I rode the back roads of WV on the way to Minocqua three years ago. Great riding

The more the miles, the bigger the smiles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: