June 06, 2020, 03:02:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spring, a Return to Life  (Read 152 times)
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 74
-Receive: 268

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« on: May 07, 2020, 06:07:19 PM »

The weather has warmed, temps have been in the 60s, its sunny and the snow is gone.  I was in the back yard yesterday and noticed that the leaves were starting to pop out of their buds, and took this photo of an alder leaf coming out.  It always amazes me that in the fall the trees drop their leaves, then stand solidly frozen all winter, yet come spring, they come back to life again.

Greg
Maggie
Administrator
Doctor of Scooterology

Bikes Owned: The Fastest Ever Bet & Win 310cc ~ Tsunami 650cc ~ 09 TMax ~ 09 DN-01 ~ 17 Sypder RT-Limited

Thank You
-Given: 364
-Receive: 868

Let's Ride!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »

So happy spring is here!  We have been stay at home for 62 days as of today.  So glad we've had some good deck sitting weather. 

We planted a lot of herbs and plants.  Last night we had to bring in about 12 pots because we got to 32 overnight.  That should be the last of any Arctic dips.

It's a scooterful day in the neighborhood!
Greg
Doctor of Scooterology

Thank You
-Given: 74
-Receive: 268

Don't sweat the small stuff...it's all small stuff

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 06:07:12 PM »

Weve been largely staying at home, too, save for necessary trips to the grocery store.  I did go for a bicycle ride the other day, but that was outdoors, of course.  Things are easing up, up here, some businesses are being allowed to re-open again, with some restrictions, and restaurants can now open back up with 50% capacity.  Were looking forward to a return to some state of normalcy, soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: